Thread: Crop Spraying
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2009, 15:47
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ag Ops

G'day ag fellahs,

Just seen the revitalised post on ag flying and now in semi retirement, I'm able to spend more time with pprune so first to apologise to G-Mady for not replying to his request in 2007!!! but I can say I haven't personally seen a Kaman any model on Ag work, but its ten to one there's someone in the world using it. But yes Mady, I usually achieved the 100 acres an hour with a decent sized field.

The Kamov 26 was in wide use in Ruskie land and when I vacationed there a few years back I managed to scrounge a ride in one on a spraying op near Kalinagrad. It wasn't the yellow chemical that got you ... just the noise of a couple of close radials!

I often wonder why the ULV/CDA system didn't make it into general Ag service ...about a pint to an acre I seem to recall ad ideal for the Robinson 22

I have a couple of videos of the Enstrom 28C on wet and dry spreading work and also on bracken up in Scotland. T'was an early morning, high humidity sortie and the piccy I have shows a pair of tip vortices trailing the Enstrom ten yards behind each 360 degree ring about 40 feet across. If anyone can explain how I get the video off my video tape nd on to pprune, let me know.

Good wshes to all past and current ag pilots.

Dennis Kenyon.

PS And if those two whizz kid New Zealand ag men ... Derek Alexander and Dave Cook are still out there, give me a hi!