PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 22:14
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paarmo: Nonsense. I haven't abused anyone in expressing my view of a place and its visual appeal, far from it, I was at pains to say there are lots of nice places nearby. If you think Teesside is a paragon of beauty it's a lost cause. I have lived in the region, worked in teesside and surrounding areas and have no personal gripe about any individual.

I just thought your "treat everything he says with disdain" is a tad over the top.

As you say base an argument on knowledge. By what measure is MME in any way a success or by what measure do any of the key economic indicators for Teesside as a region suggest that the airport and the area is about to enjoy any future success? Look at investment, employment, net GDP, productivity and output, disposable income and employment trends and explain how it can happen?

I am a bit baffled by your "People's Airport" moniker for MME. The people want flights they can afford to destinations they wants to go to (and can afford and sustain). It's not just down to the airport staff to win new routes as airlines would be beating a path to their door if they thought there was a sustainable package of routes. They aren't because there isn't.

The airport usage statistics historically, not just for right now, are pitiful reading. It maybe that different management could have improved some things at some times, however, economics and supply and demand are speaking loudly. That's not my subjective opinion its fact.

Rather than disdaining my post show me and everyone else the signs of growth and development based on knowledge and facts....prove me wrong.