PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why can't PPL holders charge for their services?
Old 7th Oct 2009, 21:45
Duck Rogers

Originally Posted by Bigglesthefrog
Flintstone
There is nothing to stop anyone from doing this and no legislation against it either (unlike CAA regs). But I very much doubt if anyone would ever bother to ride thousands of miles every week in all weathers on his moped only to have nothing to show for it at the end of the week except a sore backside and a face full of dead flies. So the threat would not worry me.
You're avoiding the question.

He asked "What if?". How would you feel if, after setting up and managing your company, a moped owner with a fetish for flies in the teeth and a sore arse turned up with an A-Z road atlas? One who couldn't be bothered to invest the time and money, didn't have the nous to learn the roads or was too dumb to acquire a full bike licence. What if he started taking money from you as an unregulated operator?

Anyone who wants to fly parcels around is free to do so. Just get a CPL (minimum), an AOC, decent aircraft and they're set. Until then best leave it to those who do it properly.

As a mod I don't usually take a side but in this case, as a professional pilot, I feel obliged to.