PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 19:51
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For reference - I didn't pass selection for CTC 2 years ago. Am I bitter? No. Am I glad? Guess.
However if you are ever going to do the training or if you have, the unsecured loan would have made life alot less stressful.

I'd still be interested to know why CTC paid off these trainees loans and at what stage these trainees (FOs) are at.

There must be more to it that meets the eye. It's another thing I'd want to understand before handing over my money to CTC to potentially pay off someone elses debt.

Apparently, according to rumours, the ATPL ground school work is going to be completed in the UK prior to coming out to New Zealand to begin your flying training
Has the payment schedule changed now that the course structure has 'changed shape'? I wouldn't like to think they are making the payments front heavy to improve liquidity - Ground School costs very little compared to flying. I am not accusing, and I am sure they aren't, but be careful and look into this - they can't justify the same payment schedule as before.

Last edited by TheBeak; 7th Oct 2009 at 20:11.