PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to head next?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 10:19
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ix (et all those winging mo-fo's out there) get some mungrel about you and have some flare!
Great you've got there and moved as you've said, WHICH is a hell of alot more than the mo-fo's winging on the East Coast have done!
YOU are there!
You are "Johny on the spot"!
YOU are where aircraft are needed to travel as a necessity, so suck it in, be creative... start a business for yourself, work whatever you have to do to get the baked-beans on toast on the table, WHILE you network for jobs coming up.
YES- Network, create contacts & circles of mates, stay in one place and work it, become know as a "serious stayer". Don't move around because you'll be a drifter. By all means keep in contact with Kuntanurra to let them know "you're in the area" and still serious.
What you guys are going through isn't a scratch on what those before you have gone through, so stick it out because I can tell you first hand, you will be so much the better for it... and it will stand out!

GG, sorry to say you're way out of touch with post 4.
The Industry has turned around and majors are looking right now.
China is back on double digit growth already and 5 USA Airlines just reported major positive increases in Pax numbers!
Comb the recruitment websites for jobs going right now and you will see a big shortage.
Australian Regionals and Airlines (bar Tiger) have been reluctant to admit their very poor management of staffing levels and poor recruitment foresight & planning ahead.
I know of many majors about to ramp up their recruiting, which very quickly occurs through GA in remote places like Darwin.
Get yourself know (as a good bloke that shouts a beer and that's a stayer), have a laugh and enjoy the Top End, while watching

atwonline.com
peanuts.aero/low_cost_airline_news/
flightglobal.com
air-scoop.com
aeromorning.com
shephard.co.uk

Ther you go... you got some of my Gold nuggets right there. Use them. Be smarter, be more up to date and educated so you can make informed decisions and know whats going on but above all: keep smiling and Happy Landings, as the Indos say.