PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with BA rules please
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 07:59
mickchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with BA rules please

Is there anyone inside or outside BA who can help me overcome a problem that has arisen this morning when I tried to pay for my seat selection on two existing bookings?
I'm flying two busy routes - HRW-MIA and HRW-LAX and I wanted to secure my two seats in WT Plus. Bad enough we have to pay now, but if that's the rule, I'll go along with it. Martin in BA's call centre selected the seats I want -14JK on all sectors, and then came the payment details. I have to use the same credit card that was used for the original bookings, some months ago. But that card is no longer in use - it was cancelled by Visa when the probability of a fraudulent transaction came up.
Martin tells me that there is no way around it. Their instructions are: no exceptions. Result: my seats can't be booked and I am left to take whatever is left at on-line check-in.
But I can't be the only person facing this problem. Can BA not find a way to accomodate pax in this situation - ie, willing to pay, but unable to persuade BA to take their money? If indeed there IS a solution, or if someone can suggest another avenue I can explore, I'd be grateful.