PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines Foreign Pilot Assaulted
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 05:56
JotaJota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach, I've been following this thread with a bit of interest. I can sense some anger and displeasure here. You might have some good points, but generalizing ALL contract jobs is NOT an accurate way to approach this subject. Having several friends working in Japan, the ME and Asia, I will have to say that most are "fairly" happy. And definitely happier than at the previous employers. After all it depends on the country, the agency and the airline itself. But also on how YOU as a pilot conduct yourself.

as a pilot you might have a higher qualification, but in reality as a contract pilot you are in the same level as a indonesian maid in singapore, pakistani worker in the emirates, north african in france......................
To me this is the most bizarre statement I have ever read. Coming from a legacy carrier to were I am at now is like finding out that you are a descendant of a king and did not know it. Royalty baby! There is NO comparison, NONE whatsoever on how we are treated here by management, co-workers, paxs and even locals. I could list specifics but... Oh well....

From being just another Bus driver, treated like crap starting from the TSA, most F\A's, MX personnel, and specially upper management, to being the Commander of the AC. Respect and admiration is only the beginning. But like I said, it must start with YOU acting and behaving like one. And also being at the right place with the right attitude!

Peace!