PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200HR Proposition
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 01:42
Merh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, excellent feedback - thanks guys.

He's a very good friend. The aircraft is a Warrior II which he currently has on-line, but is unhappy with the lack of flying it's doing at this particular school. He's looking to pull it offline, give the aircraft to me and once I've finished with it, he'll then put it online with another flight school.

He's offered to come on a few flights, just to make sure that I'm making progress (no bad habits etc.), I'd be doing most of it by myself or with friends/family.

He also offered to give me charter type scenarios by calling me on the morning of a flight, and giving me a route, much as a flight school Instructor would do. I'm definetely looking to make the hour-building challenging, and constructive (towards my Commercial), as opposed to burning up and down the coast.

My current flight school have told me that I would be required to do the same training after my hour-building, as I would on the 150hr course, which is obviously not ideal. My ability considered - I'm hoping that I won't have to do an excessive amount of flying with a flight school after my hour-building, before they offer me a flight test.

Thanks once again to everyone for their feedback, keep it coming!