PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to head next?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2009, 01:16
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Where to head next?

Hi all,

Well i've been sitting around with my fancy piece of paper telling me I have a CPL with an MECIR for about 9 months now. Have moved at the drop of a hat to Kununurra after being offered a free lift there to try and search out that ever elusive first job and spent over 2 months there hoping for the best with no real results as the season this year was pretty quiet in terms of pilots being hired and I was realistically too far into the dry season!

As such I decided to try and find some sort of balance between civilization and available jobs and landed on Darwin where i've been for the last 4 months trying to gain employment as a pilot without a lot of luck, albeit one small 4 day job which I haven't quite been paid for yet!

I've come to the conclusion that perhaps another change of location is in order to keep with where the jobs are and am hoping that some of the wise hats around here can point out some possible locations and what the prospects are like in the next 6 months or so. I'm considering adding an Instructors Rating to my piece of parchment but am hoping that it won't come to that due in part to money.

I'm considered a hard worker and as mentioned am willing to drop everything at a moments notice to be where I need to be and to tough it out as long as I can see that carrot being dangled in front of me and to travel as far as is required.

Any leads on jobs coming up in the near future or your best bets on where the jobs will be available during the next dry season would be greatly appreciated!