PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 22:38
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC and Skyman I really must take you to task.
Teesside is not a dump. Yes it has less desirable areas but every town in the world has them including Newcastle. No one ever said that Teesside should rebrand itself as THE place to go for a weekend getaway.
If you actually came to Teesside you would see for yourself the strength of the industrial heartland of the North.
Skyman when was the last time you used the motorway system in Europe?
Yes they are very good for 50 miles and then you have to stop,pay, drive on for 50 miles, stop, pay etc. If you used the free roads around the motorway system then you would have something to complain about. I travel 220miles down the A1 two or three times a month and it always takes between 3hrs 5mins and 3hrs 15mins without fail The only time I have been delayed was during the snowstorms earlier this year when it took me 45 mins extra. Yes the roads are crowded but that is because this is a crowded island. Tell me anywhere else in the world where you can average 70mph for over 200miles.
Get real and both of you get facts before you start running down this marvellous country of ours.
DTV Airport. I realise that the management at MME do not get paid Heathrow type salaries but they still get paid a lot more than their average customer or at least they did when they had any. As for cargo flights TNT left as well as the passenger companies and it would appear not enough was done to keep them either, after all everyone has his price even multi national companies.