PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADP Run Logic on 747-400
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2002, 09:24
QAVION

What I am reading in the Boeing Maintenance Manual (my bible) contradicts a lot of the answers that are being provided here (and by my other, normally reliable source).

The testing of the 747-400 1 and 4 ADP's involves, in one part, the selection of Flaps 5. This seems to suggest that Flaps 1 is insufficient to activate the ADP (It also repeatedly mentions trailing edge flap being greater than 0, not leading edges greater than 0). I don't think the aircraft logic is a dumb as being made out here. Perhaps the confusion is arising from the fact that there are a number of time delays built into the system. If you are retracting flaps after landing to UP, with the engines still running, then the ADP's should run for a minimum of 10 seconds after the TE have stopped moving (talking here about the flaps in motion logic). So the ADP's will still be running with the TE flaps up and probably after the LE flaps have retracted also.

If someone could confirm, on departure (after pushback/on the ground), with the engines running on a RR, GE or P&W -powered 747-400 that the selection of Flaps 1 only (no further) from UP, will not activate the ADP's, I would be most appreciative.
If the Boeing Maintenance Manual is wrong, as it sometimes is (just as pilots' manuals are), then I will gladly let Boeing know.

Thanks.
Regards.
Q.