PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet "holding pool"
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 15:08
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windcheck - I am not sure that your information is totally correct. It may well be, but it is certainly at variance with what I have been told only this morning. Do you know anyone personally who has been offered this winter deal? I certainly do not, and whatever may be in the rumour mill may turn out to be very different to reality.

I flew with a great CTC cadet today who is due to leave easyJet at the end of his 6 months in October. He has been offered two separate 'extensions' to his contract - the first for 2 weeks or thereabouts and the second for around 3 weeks (cannot recall the exact numbers but it is of that order). The deal he is being offered is £210/day plus plus sector pay with no overnight allowances regardless of where they use him.

I am not aware of a single person being offered the winter contract being suggested - if it turns out they are then I believe that it would cause great upset within the CTC cadet community. You cannot have a few guys being offered a whole winter contract and the rest just picking up a few scraps on an ad-hoc basis.