PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Seats
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 11:56
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Tight One, unfortunately the pictures are not as helpful so i'll try and explain for the benefit of others.

CX 744 seats do not recline. They are rigid seats at a set angle (upright). Within the seat however, you sit on what can be described as two panels of cushions.

One panel for your back, and one panel for your bum. By pushing the button, the bum panel moves forward, and the back panel moves down. Therefore all you have done is sunk into the seat and moved forward.

All of you reading this can mimick how it works. You are all sitting upright. Now slouch into your chair - so that your bacjk is now like a banana and you are sitting on the base of your spine rather than your bum. Comfortable isn't it?

But after 12 hours, you can imagine the pain. On my return journey back to LHR, I just sat up for the whole flight. When ergonomic testers test seats, I take it they stay there for the duration of a flight (I.e 10-14 hours) right? Not just a measely 20 minutes?

Anyway, that was my only beef on what was a truly exceptional airline and service. I disagree with manuhk's last point. I am 6'2 and for the first time, I actually had a significant gap between my legs and the chair infront (Im a regular traveller on Singapore, Emirates, Gulf, Kuwait). Secondly, there was so much space underneath the chair infront that I could actually stretch my legs fully. BUT - this could only happen if I was in the position where i had sunk into the seat and slid forward (as what we have been discussing).