PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am an Army of One (merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2002, 06:50
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Well some common ground, 411A........"Just about sums up the current situation, I would say." - or was that a mis-print?

Re-read Chimbu Chuck's post - he is re-iterating FACTS as stated by Boeing (ever heard of them??) - wrt a SEVERE pilot shortage WITHIN the next 3 1/2 to 4 years - published pre-911.

A big part of the problem with beanies and management is their non-accountability for their decisions. I present Cathay Pacific and Aer Lingus managements as glaring examples of this in recent times.
That airlines are a milking cow for greedy, over-indulgent "suits" is evidenced by the outrageous packages, add-ons and bonuses with which they reward THEMSELVES, whilst at the same time attacking the very average conditions of the REVENUE PRODUCTIVE staff, and trying to degrade them further.
The "tactics" are simple - requiring no education, training, or skill - tell staff they must work longer, for the same (or less), reduce entitlements to a level below that which a non-employee would receive, and say "NO" to any and all submissions presented.
And for this, they reward themselves with a 6 or 7 figure salary!