PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USALPA Troubles
Thread: USALPA Troubles
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2002, 05:50
surplus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dc8skippy
Surplus 1:
Very well said. and I agree with you 100%. I was at Emery and we had to fight with ALPA national on different fronts. It was not only money. The main idea was to get Emery to operate safely. That cost money and in the end they shut the airline down. The management of Emery is the kind of which ALPA never delt with (at least in the last 70 years) before. We were always treated like lose cannons and told to be patient we know what we are doing.
Greetings,
I've read a lot of your story and know some of it first hand. I think TR is a good person and did his best on your behalf. He just didn't understand the inner politics of the organization and believed too much of the sales pitch. All that glitters is not gold.

I tried to warn him but don't blame him for not heeding the warnings (at the time I was as much a stranger to him as anyone else). When the canary hit the fan he unfortunately came to realize that the support he expected was never there. BTW, if you are still in contact with him send me a private message with how I might get in touch (if you can).

Thanks for your understanding.
Surplus1