PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 06:22
Booglebox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krisha-
1. In 10.6 you can scan directly from the individual printer / scanner control panel (system preferences > printers > select the printer / scanner > options, then scan on the top right). Not all scanners are supported by this though I don't think. The other thing you can try is Software Update- may offer you updated drivers for download.

2. Strange!! Couple of things you can try- reset your system language under system preferences > [regional or language or something I forget and I'm on a PC right now], and you can rebuild your spotlight database. I think there's a system preferences option for this but otherwise you will need to google for the terminal commands.

Bell_Flyer-
Only thing I can suggest is a complete reinstall of iLife 09, sorry... also, it helps to make absolutely sure that you're using the same issue of iDVD and iPhoto so that they talk to each other properly.

ORAC-
Several things you can try...
- a mate's iPod cable (especially if yours is knackered- basic I know, but hey)
- wait until after an update to iPhone 3.1, which you are not the first person to have problems with (IMO it broke a perfectly good OS 3.0!!)
- make sure you're using the latest update of iTunes, AFAIK they already released an update to iTunes 9 (you are allowed to hate the design!!). If you've still got iTunes 8 you may want to stick with it for the time being for another month or so.
- if you're plugging it in to your Air via a hub or somesuch, try not using the hub and plugging it in direct.
- whinge to O2 and / or Apple

Last edited by Booglebox; 5th Oct 2009 at 06:34.