PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA jobs in China and convertion to CAAC license
Old 5th Oct 2009, 04:49
MaintainYourHeading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far conversion to CAAC license is very difficult, either you need to get hired by an airline and if you got your licenses in a foreign school approved by the CAAC then that airline will convert your license, all you need is take the written tests again.
If you are not hired by an airline and you have your instructor licenses, then you need to try to get hired by a flight school and they will convert your license, then you'll have to work for them for a definite number of years. Unfortunately at this time no flight school is ready to hire foreign instructors. As I said in my previous post, look around early next year, there might be some changes.
The last way is that you pay for your own conversion with a flight school, but so far no flight school in China at this time is offering this. Again, in a few months things might change.

I know what it is not to have a job for a long time, definitely very difficult, but if you are really willing to work in China you will have to wait for some time. I would suggest you try to knock on airlines doors, if you are young and can speak mandarin there might be your best chance ! If you can not and really want to convert your licenses, then I'd suggest you try to work temporarily in another country and in a few months try again with flight schools in China