PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wataniya Update
Thread: Wataniya Update
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 23:51
sanddune 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why can't we all just "get along" ?

I think we have digressed from the main focus of this thread, which is the sad state of affairs between the pilots, flight ops, and management in Wataniya. Experienced guys came to Wataniya to help start an airline that they obviously believed in, and expected the T & C's of their contract to be honored. Only to find out that still not even a year old, the company is changing, disregarding, and blatently breaking the said contracts and making up - it would seem, - its own rules and regulations as we go along. The longer I'm here, I'm realizing that this seems to be standard practise for airlines in this part of the world. And the attitude of "If you don't like it - then leave" permeates all facets of the operation. Unlike other countries, and airlines in them - who try to recruit and retain skilled individuals to grow their companies, and who are encouraged to grow with the company - these guys just seem to take, and take, and take, until YOU cannot take it anymore!!!!!

Integrity plays a major role in attracting and keeping people that will bring success to any organisation, and I think that Wataniya management as well as Middle East carriers on a whole need to re-visit the definition of this word if they are serious about their future success.

Rant over !!!