PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headwind additive for autothrottle use.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 14:22
King on a Wing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411.....thx
Unfortunately,I've heard u mention the "lockheed tri motor" about 5000 times in ur six odd thousand posts.Wonder why.Maybe cause that's ur last airplane flown? I appreciate ur emotions,but not ur knowledge.
That said,I of course am well aware of what the B777 fctm says Buzzbox.I was very categorically asking for personal opinions here.And not quotes from boring self centered hardcopies that boeing publishes to cover its back side! Well,if they said fly Vref in microburst conditions,just to sell their new airplanes,would u do that.I certainly wouldn't.
They also said the GE 115 would have less than 6 engine failures per million cycles so that they could sell the same (and yes there is a covert handshake between Boeing and GE).But we now know that not to be true.
So whats your personal take on this command speed.And believe me,i'm looking for an experienced personal viewpoint.The books are for all the 6.2 billion of us to see.
The reasoning behind those books however,are for but 6 odd good ones to understand and challenge.Am looking for those 6 thankfully.....
Thanks.
@411-you are an extremely experienced aviator.I acknowledge and salute that.Pls don't take my remarks incorrectly.I am just looking for genuine opinion...
Cause i'm just NOT convinced...
And when i said 'as far as i know'....it meant just that.Not meant to be mis quoted,rather understood.And i DO know quite a bit...