PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive Mod Knock Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 05:18
Wholigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume that when you say "twice deleted the comments of Flt Lt Anderton on the General McCrystal debate", you are not trying to imply that there is a thread somewhere on General McCrystal (sic)and that Flt Lt Anderton has commented on it and the mods have deleted those comments. I also assume that you really meant that there were 2 threads about Flt Lt Anderton's statement/question to General McChrystal that the mods have deleted.

If you actually read the second thread, started by ORAC (now the only one remaining and closed not deleted), it was stated there by me that the originator of the first thread deleted this thread himself! It was called 'Courage!' and was started by LFFT. Ask him!
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/390921-flight-lieutenant-victoria-anderton.html

ORAC's thread was closed because the topic had been discussed to death in the original thread!

This hardly warrants the wild accusation that "the moderators destroy even the slightest controversial subject". If you have something blindingly exciting and new to state about this event, then please feel free to start another thread, which will stand or fall on its own merit. If, however, the thread merely ends up repeating all the stuff that was on the original thread, it might not prove to have been worth the effort.