PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India pilots on strike.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 04:38
weido_salt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mtnrick

An interesting post indeed.

I am not in the least bit concerned what aircraft you operate. It could be a small turbo prop or piston for all I care. So what does the type of aircraft you operate got to do with this subject? It will take more than a B777 to impress me.

"...........but we are not at AI to weaken, tear down, or undercut the AI pilots".

Probably not, however by blindly following the blind and going out with the rest of the "elite" pilots you would be helping to tear down the company, that is feeding you and your family. If you did go out sick with the rest of them I would hope you intended to leave as you would have been sacked, in all probability. Why would you what to support them? You see as a foreigner, you pay Indian tax (if India based) but you are given nothing in return. You will have no rights whatsoever. What are the Indian pilot force doing for you? They want you and the rest of the expats out, thereby cutting short your time in India, where you like India or hate it. I assume AI have got you a work permit, for you to be based in India, so what other obstacle should be placed in your way to stay and work in India? I am sure where you come from there are Indian pilots who are working and perhaps taking jobs off the locals. well as long as they have a work permit and the licence then I would have thought that was fare enough. Oh the licence. If you are a foreign national in India you will never get an Indian licence. How many Indian pilots have FAA, JAA etc., licences? Many! Don't you think the playing field should be levelled somewhat before you support, the blind leading the blind? I am referring to pilots here.

P.S., is this how the "elite" behave?

Last edited by weido_salt; 4th Oct 2009 at 05:30.