PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft you love and hate to fly ...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 14:42
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes "18" a most amusing post:-) Put yourself down for a gold star there for that one:-) After reading that post anyone whom flew the flying pencils deserve a medal:-)
I have had the misfortune to see the end result of a Metro2 that slammed into the side of a rock covered hill to the Nth of TW many years ago, the result was total destruction, RIP to the sole occupant, obviously the pilot. I think the Rego was VH-SWP? Anyone recall? I didn't think you could condense a machine of that size into a few chaff bags

No real 'hates' for any flying machines.

Loved the DH104 (Dove) but was about as ergonomically designed as a Skoda but flew/handled the best, typical Pommy A/C, flew beautifully if you could get it all working in unison:-) Pneumatics??? Every time I drained the air tanks I got oil spitting out, me thinks the Pomms where joking using air for powering the brakes, flaps & U/C, more like hydraulics!
Also loved the PA39, 'twin can' although 12volts on early models meant lower the U/C & pray:-)

Marginal: C150H, 2POB, much fuel & 40Degs.......ROC? about the thickness of the VSI needle! MB-EN one screaming Northerly day in the C150H had the old girl stationary as we watched the cars on the beach rd go past us!:-)

Wmk2:-)