PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA transit
Thread: USA transit
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 10:44
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do these guys need guns?

Seeing as all 'customers' queueing up for their welcome to the 'excited states' have been security screened hours before the chances of anyone having a lethal weapon is so remote.

I avoid transiting the US, unless it is impossible to do otherwise, not only because it's an unnecessary hassle but because;

1. History of transit passengers being intercepted and 'renditioned' to third countries with unacceptable results.
2. Fact that US Border Control has the right to seize indefinitely your laptop, and other electronic devices, without having a reason. I've got nothing to hide, but I certainly need my tools while on a business trip.
3. Having been sent to secondary by an officer at IAD who wanted to know why, as a Canadian, I didn't have a visa. After spending two hours waiting in secondary I was told that Canadians don't need a visa (I did know that) and was sent on my way.

US 'welcome' may have been a factor of Chicago's loss for the 2016 Olympics - highlighted by a question from the Pakistan IOC member which wasn't handled well at all by Mr. Obama.

I'm encouraged by the posts above that comment that things have improved and will see for myself when I transit Seattle after Christmas.