PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA transit
Thread: USA transit
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 08:32
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That really is not an acceptable approach for a customer facing industry.
The airline business is a customer facing industry, the concessions at the airport are a customer facing industry, I doubt the INS or DEA, or US customs view themselves as a customer facing industry. They have got more to do with Homeland Security.

I think with the current mentality out there across the world i would wait patiently in line to ensure no zealot or despot is in front of me that makes it thru. That's a customer service of a different level! After all since 9/11 how many more deadly incidents have thre been in the US?

I know that actually wanting to visit the USA goes beyond my tolerance for police states, queuing, and having nasty men with guns stare at you just itching to be allowed to use them, so I don't actually visit the USA.
My definition of itching to use them and police state is when one has an AK 47/uzi/M 16 with the safety off and finger on the trigger with 3 barking dogs by his feet yelling and screaming at you to lie prone on the floor.

Best of my knowledge officers with Hand Guns in holsters seated behind counters using sir and ma'am in a firm voice does not constitute a police state. Last I remember was a uniformed unarmed lady guiding us by the ropes to the next available person and the customs officer collecting my slip was also unarmed. (i beleive the INS official was armed, but it was holstered and she was seated so there was no gun in my face).

Just an opinion as I travel in and out of the US frequently for both business and pleasure and for some apparent reason have not been made to feel that way (except the lines seem to be longer now as processing time has increased and so has number of travellers).