PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA posts profit and orders A330's
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 06:35
jumbo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day I get tired and amused listening to fellow aviators bash each others companies. Whether we work in SA or elsewhere (the freedom of choice) is irrelevant. We are all fellow pilots trying to feed our families, put a roof over their heads, educate our kids etc. We have no control over what airline management does. All we have is our professionalism and mutual respect for each other that differentiates us from them. So bin the "skygods" labels etc. There are bozos in ALL companies. We all want to do the best we can. I had the privilege of being a SKYGOD but chose to leave to go to the sandpit. My reasons are personal. I also worked for Comair. I miss both companies equally and terribly - not for the management, but for the PEOPLE I worked with. Professionals each and all.
I do agree that the taxpayer should not have to bear the brunt of the bills for SAA. However, the pilot body has no control over which bozos get elected to run the airline - I remember a strike ballot being taken years ago by the pilots - not for money, but for proper leadership of the company.
Criticise management all you want, they probably deserve it (in all airlines) but respect each other as fellow aviators.
My two cents worth
Happy landings all, and keep the blue side up
Rgds
Jumbo