PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA posts profit and orders A330's
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 05:48
ByAirMail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
avi8tor,
I am with you, accountants can be very creative. The track record speaks for itself. Very convenient to massage a profit before the World Cup.............. 2011 onwards is going to be very interesting; it's all World Cup hype right now
Don't take it personal. Remember these guys either elected to stay in a country that's hitting the international news more and more for the wrong reasons, infrastructure falling apart etc. Strikes due to the lack of service delivery are an every day occurrence and the list goes on.
So every time you debate fair practice they see it as an attack on their Alma Mater.

Now let me see, if I got into S.A.A. I would still be an F/O vs. B777 command. Not made huge money on the property market. Worry about my family's personal safety. Spend most of my trips in 3rd world destinations.

Then there is the guys from S.A.A. that did not get into E.K. or C.X. (pax and freighters).. shock and horror.. we don’t talk about that!!!

If they run out of argument or feel cornered they play the S.A.A. bashing card. It’s up there with the race card in S.A.A. Last defense and always sure to get some sympathy.

Ill share the beers with you avi8tor, but we need to collect them before 2011 as there is nothing after this magical Soccer World Cup.