PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 22:11
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the problem is that there just isn't the demand to sustain the sort of operation you dream of. Carriers come and carriers go, that should tell you a lot. You see, one question has never been properly addressed, why does a country the size of NI, with a population of about 1.7m, need 3 airports? All wanting to be international airports. Two wanting to be FR bases, how many miles apart? All that has happened over the last few years is that the service from our airports here to UK, where there is competition, has become fractured, with a poor service to most. Recently I had to go to Bristol, so I had to use EZY out. But now EZY has only 2 flights per day, they used to have 3. I could have come home FR, but my car was at Bfs. So I ended coming home from Lhr. That is the sort of progress we are getting here, but so many seem to have their eyes closed to what the current competition between airports is doing. And then we wonder why about 1m go via Dublin. Because so many of the services offered from NI are token.

A lot of people need to wake up and smell the coffee, before it is too late.

True Blue