PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 21:35
huncowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWEDAREYET,

My recall is coming up in spring it seems. So at least by next summer I will be in a good position to move on or stay in the US. I am trying to put my bet on one more airline and that will be either EY or EK. I am only interested in a short term move if it really helps my long term goals. If NAS would be looking for contract pilots, it could be beneficial for them and us. I was trying to weight what I would gain vs lose by working there short term. But that is not the case it seems and I think it would look bad to leave them after a couple of months being on line unless that was the original agreement.

To me the #1 problem with seeking permanent position with NAS is the country. We just can't do Saudi for 20+ years. I would love to go to the UAE and hopefully put my last airline on my CV there, then retire. But Saudi seems on the very conservative end of things, and that just does not work for me and my wife. In addition NAS does not look as stable as a national carrier like EY. I could be wrong, I have been before.

Good luck to anyone here with the decisions. This is one big roulette game that I never ever wanted to play.