PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qinetiq and its independent position - a question
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 17:35
la_place

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou all for some very comprehensive history on how QQ got to where it is today in terms of T&E, and on the work QQ does that is not T&E.
To summarise,
It seems that nothwithstanding its status as a company, QQ CAN do valuable independent test on behalf of the MOD.

QQ T&E is done as a for profit activity by a commercial organisation.

I am new to this forum, admit to not knowing the full situation, but I did ask the original question, and, the answers above seem to indicate to me a slightly unhealthy arrangement between T&E and other company activities that could result in a conflict of interest for company executives of QQ.
It is worth recalling that the first responsibility of any company is to make a profit for its shareholders.

Another queston could be, if during T&E QQ finds an aircraft deficiency that MAY have an operational impact, surely it is in QQ interest to perhaps (over)emphasise the deficiency so that the aircraft is modified and further testing occurs which of course QQ can get paid for and hence have an additional profit making opportunity?

As a tax payer I dont like the idea of my independent tester getting more profit from extending the testing, AND, I dont like the idea of my independent tester making recommendations on aircraft modified by my independent tester.

I clearly need to get some QQ shares or write to my MP!