PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 16:30
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain & Europe routes

Agree there. I think there has been a lot of exageration over the price difference. Ok it has not been as cheap to us Brits in Europe over the past year or so as it can be with the exchange rates, but having been to both Spain and many other parts of Europe this year, it's not as if they have severely raised there prices. Infact on my recent holiday, the prices for food and drink in Majorca worked out just the same or if not better as if you were in most places of the UK. Infact in the many years of visiting the island, it was the busiest I have ever seen it and lots of the bars owners were saying how suprised they have been as they were expecting a very quiet summer. Some even were relucntant to open up at the begining of the season but glad they did...!

As for baby now not operating to AGP and ALC over the winter, even at the reduced schedule, i am shocked. They can usually get good loads even at the quietist times of the year, especially on the AGP. Hopefully it is down to a change of plan with aircraft maintence schedules or lease agreements and that they come back in full form for the summer season. Baby not so long ago had big plans for MAN even with-in the current climate they were happy with the base.

Last edited by aidoair; 2nd Oct 2009 at 20:41. Reason: Title change