PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 16:14
mstram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a bug in the "zooming", when the program window is not full sized, ie. double clicking on the window border.

Zooming in / out displays only water.

Tim - I can reliably replicate this in V0.9.5.22182.

1) Set the enroute features tab to auto-hide

2) Click on the main map to hide the enroute features window then on the enroute features tab to re-display the window.

3) Click back in the main map and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom (only one zoom level) before the enroute window has had a chance to auto-hide (you have to be quick)

I don't have to do any of that, I just open the program in it's default mode, then double click the window border to "unmaximize it".

I also have the 3d terrain shading turned off, that might be a factor.

**EDIT* I just downloaded the latest??? U.S. skydata and the problem seems to have gone away.

Speaking of the 3d, the two buttons leftmost buttons, (tooltips "Flat terrain shading", "3d terrain shading"), are confusing. Are those buttons supposed to be toggles, i.e. where one mode is active at a time? .. Or can they both be on/off at the same time? It's not obvious from their displayed state which mode is active. I've been running with them both off, as my p.c. is too slow.

Mike