PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it an easy £80K?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 16:00
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Basically, do you think you'll ever do anything worthwhile? If at 22 you have no passion and are constantly changing your mind, you find that you'll be left behind in the careers race (if that hasn't happened already). The medics of your age will be up to their elbows in old peoples bums, the law students will be have already learnt how to screw councils and insurance companies and so on. The young pilots at 22 (like those I fly with) are already taking home above average earnings and will be earning in excess of the figure you quoted in the near future.

What do you need to do? I'll assume you have already collected a superb set of A level results, have a good degree under your belt and a large pot of cash. So I'd try working for a Temp. agency so that you get exposure to many different types of operation and maybe you'll find one that you like. But if you don't get inspired, you could always get a job with a council. Loads of money, short hours, world class pension, no stress or nasty targetty things, piss other peoples cash away and retirement in 27 and a bit years time due "stress".

PM

I'm not overpaid and I'm worth more than 80K. In return for my salary I make sure that my plane doesn't bump into the ground where it shouldn't.