PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sync outlook on 2 PCs, also on the road
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 12:42
groundbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sync outlook on 2 PCs, also on the road

I have my office PC (XP) and there are also other computers here, also on XP and on our LAN. Since we run a B&B and have a lot of bookings etc via email then frequently there are 2 or sometimes 3 of us all trying to read our email at the same time! I figured, why not also use the outlook installed on the other desktop look at the same emails as my office pc, so if somebody else wants to read/send emails they can do so at the same time as I'm on the office pc.

Any ideas? I don't want to use a different client than outlook, and I don't mind renting/buying a hosted exchange mailbox if that's the solution. The two (or more) copies of outlook should be identical, ie if a person sends an email from one pc and it's filed in the sent folder, then it should be visible in the other outlooks's sent folder. Also if one PC isn't used for a week and outlook is booted up, then the inbox shouldn't fill with all the emails that have come in the past week and been deleted/filed/replied to on the other PC. Ie, the sync should be total and seamless.

Also, but this is a B list, if I go away for a week and plug in my laptop via wifi, it would be great to sync up so the laptops outlook is identical to the office PCs where my wife has been holding the fort.

Not asking for much really...... ! If anybody has suggestions that would be mega. It's like wanting to work like in a big office, but sat at home.

G