PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE 200 OPERATION IN AFRICA
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2002, 17:37
contraxdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Long Live The King.

I have currently in exess of 5000hrs of which nearly 2000hrs has been on 200's. I have oprerated them into and out of fields that could make the top 10 Lists of "Do's and Dont's ". Sand, Mud, Short, Soft, Potholed(Bomb Craters) Terrible surface.etc etc.
I have operated them to all the limits that were set by Mr Beech and co and some times weight wise beyond.
It has always done what I have asked of it. It has kept me alive in Africa for the last eight years on contracts from the Equatorial Rain forest, North African deserts and Angolan Bushveld. I have flown them in torrensial rain ice and on beutiful clear days.
I flown them home with 80 snags or more. I flown them with no snags.
Couple of rules,
1.You fly on indicated airspeed,
2. You dont know who flew the aircraft before you, or what they did with it.
3. Red means dont go there...........
4. Nose wheels are for taxi, and not to land on.(Keep the wheel of the bloody ground)
If I never fly any other aircraft in my life I would be proud to say I was a King air driver and will be one as long as the privelage is granted to me.
It might be true to say its expensive to operate, if you measure it agains the one engine wonders (Read Pissy 12), but there is and will always be just one KINGAIR.
Look at the numbers of them operating around the world.Numbers talk and bul**** walks(or was it money?
Well sorry about the ranting and raving but I am a follower of the KING!!