PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 11:20
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Interview And Tests

To want to fly and Scotsman

The psychometric and logic tests are done before the final interview. However, I've seen one of my fellow candidates redo this test. The logic/IQ test was part of my personality test. I think only 10-15 questions, I found it very easy.

The reason to re-do the psychometric test could be:
- You answered wrong for one or more of the "killing items".
For example: Do you ever lie?
If the answer is "Yes", it's fine. If the answer is "No" or "not sure", you fail the whole test. The psychometric test contains a couple of killing items.
- You gave too many "not sure" or "maybe" answers, so you couldn't give an answer to the question. As stated before the test, try to avoid the middle answer, use it only 3 times max.

As far as I know, these could be the reasons if your psychometric evalutaion was not acceptable.

If you did poorly on the logic test, you might have to repeat it. Do not hurry, think! I was the last one who submitted this test because I'm sangvinic type and I'm not able to concentrate for a long period of time. As the test was at the end of the day, I was totally exhausted. Take some chocolate and water with you, drink green tea in the morning (rather than coffee).

If you want to prepare fot the IQ test, practise on the internet or buy a Test Book. It takes a little bit of practice but your results will be much better after completing 5-6 tests and you will be much faster. These logic tests are very similar, it's very easy to prepare for them.

For NOT native English speakers: there is an English test as well. If you recently did a language exam, you should be fine. You should know exactly how to solve the exercises (mostly Reading Comprehension) and how to write a one-page-essay. It helps if you practise these exercises. The level of English should be "upper-intermediate" or "advanced" level. (Refer to: Cambridge Language Exams: FCE or CAE.) There is no need to be perfect, you don't need to have a university degree in English Literature to pass that test.

According to the final interview: I know that some people don't make it. The reasons could be varies. Unfortunately, the recruiters cannot give feedback and cannot talk about the recruitment process. Although, one of them gave me an example a long time ago:
The female candidate attended the interview with sunglasses on her head. It's not Emirates standard. They didn't like her shoes either as they were not the pretty high heals. The candidate started to chat and talked too much, she was "too" easy-going. She asked too many questions from the recruiters during the interview, instead of focusing on the scenario questions. Don't forget, you have to talk but you have to listen carefully as well.

You can also fail the final interview if you give a totally wrong answer for one of the scenario questions. There are certain things they need to hear when you answer those questions.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mari; 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:37.