PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preflight Checks for piston engines
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 10:44
QJB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all of the responses, I didn't really mean to create such a controversy with the prop pulling suggestion.

The manufacturer's Pilot Information Manual gives you all the minimum required information to operate the aircraft safely
I'm sure that this is correct in some sense, but I don't think its the right attitude, I was more looking for a few tips that the old blokes you see around the place use. You know the old, "don't forget to do this sonny it may just save your life one day". I hear what everyone is saying about the prop pulling, and I don't intend to do it myself unless I've been taught the proper way.

And never rely entirely on the advice from instructors at any flying school. They may look cool in their pilot suits with bars and wings and big watches but the majority are hardly out of flying school themselves and all they know is what their instructor told them and so on.
Don't worry I realised some time ago to anything that ANYONE in aviation says with a grain of salt, and to talk up if you think they are wrong.

Many thanks again for all the replies,

J