PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 09:24
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think Gatwick is bad, and I agree, it is, try Luton, which is worse.

I was standing in the long and slow moving queue for immigration (UK/EU passports) with my son,aged 10, who desperately needed a toilet. The 'Non EU' line was empty .... and the immigration officer was twiddling his thumbs. So I asked the bonehead, terminally stupid, uneducated, thick as pig****, pig-ignorant (sorry pigs are smart), loutish oaf of a 'security' guard if we could sneak under the rope and go through that way. I was perfectly pleasant, and explained why, although it would have been obvious to anyone with even half a brain cell and one functioning eye (yes, I mean you, Gordon).

He looked at us as if we'd crawled out from under a stone, and just shook his head slowly, not even 'sorry, morenmejobswerffmate'. So I asked why, bad move, at which he drew himself up to his full 6' 6" to appear threatening and said : "No way."

I later found out, when making an official complaint, that these cretins do have the discretion to allow people through, but what is the point of allowing discretion to people who have an IQ of 12, and that's on a good day.

Rant over ....