PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP - Questions for Instructors
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 07:38
airgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, thank you one and all for your replies - they have been most useful in putting my mind at rest that these things are normal. Whopity, in this particular instance my going solo is kind of up to me as my instructor has tried to send me twice already (he is quite happy with what I am doing - his words not mine) but I said no because i was too chicken to do it!! We are currently working on building my confidence towards it and it is definately coming, but there is no race - the only person putting pressure on me to go solo is me! Toolowtoofast, it is normal practice in our club to have the DME on, even in the circuit, on the basis that you never know when you might have to leave the circuit unexpectedly and may want/need to use it (Sapperkenno, yes I do know what it is and how to use it - school is hot on things like that with our airspace being as busy as it is )

Many thanks once again for your advice / comments. I hope I haven't come across as sounding like a 'know all' or anything - I don't often post on these boards as I am not very good at putting stuff into words and getting the right context.

I am taking this very seriously and do value your opinions. Thank You