PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soon to be plenty of ATCO's
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 06:34
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the letter sent today.

Anthony Albanese MP,
Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government.
PO Box 6022
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

[email protected]
Dear Sir;

I refer you to The Australian Newspaper on 15 September 2009 and note that the Rudd Government has decided to merge the military air traffic control system with the civilian, (ie. Airservices Australia).

I also note in 2002, a Defence document signed by current Australian Defence Force chief Angus Houston stated: ‘Australia simply cannot justify, sustain or afford to continue operating two almost identical air traffic management systems’.

Whilst many of us applaud such an initiative I am cognizant of some very serious hurdles the government will have to overcome. I have been seriously asked by someone with a genuine interest how will the salaries - Civil v Military - be 'adjusted' for both parties doing the same job, in the same environment, presumably doing the same rosters etc, (Doggoes etc) even though most Military bases would normally 'close' at night / weekends? And, will either party require more training for the differences in the Military v Civil system / standards and, if so, how much?

Many readers of a major public forum will also be interested in your response which I presume you will have no objection to my sharing.

Yours most sincerely,