PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Oaks Airport (Sydney) Under Threat *URGENT*
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 00:24
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thurther to my airpark plan, 90% would be sold to airpark owners, each property having hangar and taxiway access, and the rest will remain for commercial operators, flying schools etc. and just general hangarage. and being 2 parallel strips, one could be used for circuits, and arrivals and departures of training operators exclusively, and the other for other ops, and residents.

get a plan together, get it to council and show them just how much the will loose in rates from airpark residents and the evil developers fees if the airport is shut down due to tower installation. not to mention tourist $$, local economy boost for builders/etc, and job created by employees of the operators in the airpark. Im sure a cashed up LAME would love to run his maint business in his own hangar attached to his home!

if this were to happen, i for one would be the first to hangar my aircraft there, and even consider a satellite school from our Bankstown Ops.

why no one had the forsight to do something like this at YHOX is beyond me. or then again, Schoies is still intact. just overgrown.. any cashed up airpark developers?