PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP - Questions for Instructors
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2009, 21:56
airgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP - Questions for Instructors

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this or if it should have been in Private Flying so mods please feel free to move if required.

I am hoping that some of you instructors out there might be able to help me with a problem that I am having in my training. I am as good as ready for first solo and the only reason I have not yet done it is because of a bit of a lack of confidence on my part. Generally speaking, my flying is coming on very well but I know that I am too hard on myself as well. The thing that is bothering me though is that every time that I fly, I really do try so very hard to get it all right but I nearly always seem to manage to forget some silly little thing and then end up worrying about it and then that destroys my confidence again. The kinds of things I am talking about are forgetting to put the carb heat back to cold in downwind checks, forgetting to turn the DME on, forgetting to make the occasional downwind or finals call - that kind of thing.

Can anyone tell me, is this normal for anyone at my stage of training where the pressure is on to go solo or should I be reconsidering whether I am going to make the grade. My basic handling of the aircraft is fine and I feel comfortable and confident flying it and my landings are coming together nicely now with a good deal of consistancy to them and I love it. However, I am just worrying about these stupid little mistakes and that is therefore making me wonder whether I should continue or not. Each time I fly, I set out totally determined to do it all 100% but always manage to let myself down. I don't want to give up flying as I love it and it is the one thing I want to do more than anything else but I also know enough about flying to know that these silly little mistakes are often the first step in a chain of events that end up in an accident.

I appreciate that it is very difficult for anyone to comment without having flown with me but any help or advice would be very much appreciated as I need to make the decision - do I continue or not?????

Many thanks