PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am an Army of One (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2002, 15:27
AA717driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that, when that anonymous bean counters find a way to circumvent the contract, they are helping the company? When pilots adhere strictly to the contract and FAR's, we are villians.

If we agreed to take 50% pay cuts, the beanies would find a way to lose those savings and we would be under pressure to give more.

I didn't receive my pilot certificates in a box of Wheaties. I paid big bucks for them. I bust my a** to be the best pilot I can be. The best lawyers can set their fees. The best surgeons get paid the most. Why should highly qualified(in terms of ratings and experience) be required to constantly cover for the failings of management and 'take one for the team'?

The CAL pilot in question and the others here who see his point were not born slackers--they were created. Having seen the fruits of MY efforts to save money flushed down the toiled by inept management is infuriating. We can't leave and we can't fire the managers(usually mid-level, invisible types) but we don't have to continue supporting the people who are endangering our careers.TC