PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New airspace: Dick Smith
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2002, 14:57
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Ulm,

Half the reason that MBZs are so dangerous, and therefore require a CAGRO, is because of people like you. They (and the cost that goes with them) wouldn't be necessary if there were no bugsmashers. I would be quite happy to tool around in an MBZ with my IFR mates doing the right thing: it's the recalcitrant lighties that cause most of the difficulties! So, you guys cause half the problem, you guys pay half of the solution or get out of the air. And BTW, my company has outlaid a fortune on TCAS to help avoid types like yourself, so turn that #$%^& transponder on!

Regarding your other comment about paying, the Flight Service setup that we used to have (that incidentally still exists in profuse numbers in Canada AND the USA, not that DS will tell you! Do a google serach for "Flight Service Station" and see what pops up) costed a damn sight less than the current, total overkill system we have now, unpalatable as it was to the ego-maniacal bosses in Row zero at Airservices.

The whole subject completely stinks, and the political deal done to shaft LLAMP is an absolute disgrace. I cannot believe that grown men could act like that...