PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After some advice please (learning in the north east)
Old 1st Oct 2009, 18:33
d747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After some advice please (learning in the north east)

Hi,
I have decided to have a go at learning to fly (going to book a trial lesson in the next few weeks). I live in Durham near Newcastle, has anybody here got any experience of the flying school's up here? I am thinking about the club based at Newcastle Northumbria Flying School - Home
Also, I guess at this time of the year it may not be a good idea to start for weather reasons, Should I leave it until next spring?

Also cost wise what is the best route? I posted in one of the other sections of the PPRUNE and someone said go to the USA as it would be cheaper, I guess that with it being cheaper there must be catch???

For me cost is a small factor that I have to bear in mind (baby on the way) but not a show stopper, So if I could save a few hundred £££ by taking good advice then that would be an advantage.

One day I am hoping that this may be a route into a job within the aviation world, however that would be nice if it worked out that way and I understand that it's only a small chance. For the time being it is only a hobby.

Any thoughts/advice very welcome.

Thanks

David