PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What could be next for the axe?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2009, 14:55
GPMG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MrMrssmith for the advice but having left the forces and been in civvy st for a while I can vouch for the fact that you just have to apply yourself. work is out there, you just need to role your sleeves up and do some.

Working in IT is a very volatile career regarding pink slips, as soon as a company is in trouble it starts cutting IT staff.

I have been out of work 3 times in 11 years first was for 5 mths, then 1 mth and finally 3 mths. first time I worked on a building site to clear the bills, second time I had enough stashed away to last and the 3rd time I fitted bathrooms (nearly took it up as I was making £900 a week after tax, equipment).

If you are preparred to work then you will find work, if that means you return to school to learn a new trick then thats what it takes.

There are a lot of jobless people who don't want to work or wont do work that they see as being below them, in that case tough $hit, they make do without state handouts. Why the hell should the rest of us pay for lack of effort and gumption.

I am amazed though that I am not in prison or homeless, it seems that a lot of ex forces are destined to go that way.

By the way, the project that I am working on at the moment seems to be in the midst of some funding difficulty.....do you want your bathroom or kitchen updated?

Last edited by GPMG; 1st Oct 2009 at 15:25.