PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st Oct 2009, 11:23
fly2AK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Primeco, I think you misunderstood Randy in regards to southwest. He said FD reminded him of the southwest culture. I know Randy and he was not at southwest, I am sure Randy will correct me if I am wrong. The market out here (in general) is not good by any means. The US has thousands of pilots on furlough and that has fueled the reason for many to come to the middle east for work. There is work out here for pilots but the competition is pretty tough. Scottish_Flyer to address your questions on time, to be honest the lowest time guy I have met here has over 4000 hrs. In my class alone one guy was about 4500, 2 of us were 10,000 hrs and the other had 8000 hrs and we all had B737 time as well. Don't let this discourage you because the one thing you have going for yourself is you do have over 2000 hours B737 time and right now the company has been focusing on guys/gals with the B737 type rating, it just may take a litle bit of time to get to you. I spoke to someone who said it took him 9 months before he heard anything from FD, sucks I know, but be patient and your time will come. Right now there are a lot of high time pilots on the street looking for a job. Good luck I hope that helps, if you make it here I think you will enjoy your time with FD.