PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 22:28
aviationascent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MudRat,

Did mine about 6 weeks ago.
When you get there they get you to fill out a behavioural questionnaire, maybe 30 questions. As with all behavioural q's answer honestly. This will be used by the psych tester to confirm that what you say in the interview matches up. Before you have the psych interview, they put you in a room for 15mins and you have to write a short essay. Then they interview you. I think this goes for about 30-45mins. She was madly writing a lot down about what I was saying. Questions like "when was the last time you took an elicit drug?", "never" of course is the right answer. (Note: how that question assumes that you HAVE taken elicit drugs - psych tactics) Bare in mind that all this info is being taken for future reference in OSB etc. So what you say may come back and bite you if you have been telling lies and wind up contradicting yourself later.

Then interview with defence personnel. Mine was from the army. This was suprisingly easy for me but i think i got lucky. This guy asked questions like what is that plane on the wall, nothing obscure just one that the RAAF operate. Then where will your training take you in terms of OTS, BFTS, 2FTS, where ARE these places located ie, on a map. Once this guy could see I had done my research he just told war stories of his time in the ADF and how cruisie his job was and how good the view was from his office window. NOTE, he was asking questions straight off the website on his computer, then would take a sec as he read through it to check that i was right.

Then the medical. Ishihara test. You can get a hold of this online and memorise the numbers if you really want. Though i wouldn't recommend it. Nothing that special about the medical other than you either are medically fit or your not. Oh, and wear nice undies for the duck waddle they make you do.

I got FS on the 17th of Oct. Anyone else out there going down then? I have about 6000 words to write for my last semester of a Bachelor or Aviation and a heap of study to do for the RAAF. Only two weeks to do it. My pants are about to explode!