PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 engine failure (SQ)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 21:57
747passion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oceancrosser thank you for the kind words. Keep crossing Oceans and log 10 minutes of actual flight time every month. Pay us a visit when you are bored If you keep visiting forums, you will even learn how to attack what the people say without attacking the people personally. It needs some practice, but believe me, you'll feel better in the long run.

Obviously, I am not a kind of pilots your appreciate. However, I always think in N-1 where N is not the number of installed engines, but the number of working engines.

Any pilot should be able to manage an engine failure in any situation INCLUDING the situation where there is already a first failure.

With a 4-engine aircraft flying and a first failure, pilots still must take in account a further engine failure. So safety-wise, may be it is not 100% a good idea to wander in the blue sky with 444 pax and 1 engine out for an unknown reason.

When you loose your first engine, it doesn't mean that the day is over. There are incidents of 3 engines out in a DC-10 or a 4 engines out in a 747. I hear that the hotels are good in Paris. I've spent years in Paris, so I agree with this statement. They definitely worth a visit but not in 3 engines.