PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher floating like a Frog
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 10:45
hpcock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overspend - this is the crux of KF's demise.

Capt's taking so much extra fuel, pilots taking FCOM's from flight decks, rostering being a complete shambles... I could go on & on & on - you get the point.

From management to ops staff - no one has a clue of how to run this airline. The amount of money spent to date is just amazing. I'm sure KF were not the only airline guilty of this crime, however, their problems seem to have floated to the surface for the whole world to see.

India clearly wasn't ready for the explosion it's aviation sector experienced some 4-5 years ago, & now operators are paying the price.

It's awful when you hear lessors issuing summons for aircraft to be returned to them, but KF has to formulate a plan & quickly to gain a bit more solvency & stability in a hostile & cut throat environment.

VJM has said it before & continues to think it - everything has a price & if that means selling KF - then he will. After all, his pockets are only so deep.

People in the upper echelons of this company need to take some responsibility, become more transparent & be a bit more accountable of the actions they take on behalf of the company.

Here was an airline with a vision for the future & a new vision for Indian aviation, & yet the same old **** which usually ends up souring most good ideas in India bit them so hard on the ass - & now it's starting to hurt.

I do hope KF pull away from this lull, for there are many good souls there who do want to make it right.

I don't fly for them any more, but I wish them luck. However, I think this time the writing's on the wall.