PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal flight
Thread: Ideal flight
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2009, 10:33
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gg......I'm loving this thread!!

Lots of really good replies as well re pax expectations.......I too would love a business class experience each time I fly. I would also want it for a loco price!

Just wanted to list a few of my expectations. There is some "aircrew humour" in here as am looking at things with both SLF and work hat on. Sensitive souls please take this on board:
  • Pre flight everyone would have a stress free journey both to and through the airport. Preferably ensured by carrier for no or little extra charge. That way all pax boarding would be shiny happy peeps ready to enjoy their flight.
  • Not only does the plane, crew, catering and bags turn up on time but so does all the SLF. Nothing more frustrating than sitting on a fully boarded flight whilst crew either try to find the last 2 remaining pax or their bags.
  • That families who are given the privelidge of pre boarding actually do so in order to sit together. Really annoying to fellow pax and crew if you have been in McDonalds until the last minute and then expect this to be accomodated when you are last to board on a free seating cabin
  • All pax in front of me have boarding passes at the ready and don't waste the CC's time complaining about the procedure
  • All airlines carried extra seats which are put together in an instant so that nobody complains/gets offloaded re having to sit next to Mr and Mrs Tubby. Maybe an expanding fuselage as well for extra space?
  • Those cute babies came with volume control on landing
  • That the parent's of 8 year old seat kicker (one9iner's post) actually act as parents and take some responsibility for his behaviour .
  • That the CC are consistently polite and smiling to the pax at all times.....even if they have been to Belfast 6 times that day!!
  • That the toilets, boilers and oven never broke down in flight
  • The "hot option" was loaded by the caterers in adequate quantities for a 6 sector day so a hungry pax on sector 6 could actually buy this. It would also be nice if it beared a passing resemblence to the magazine illustration......
  • As for the loo's they can smell at any time......Please aim straight and don't add to the problem
  • That the luggage allowance didn't appear to be subject to seemingly expanding gate crates which allow some pax at certain airports to bring on their home contents/furniture and then expect the CC to stow it above what could be my head . How many of us frequent flyers have not seen an overhead locker open on take off/landing?
An Ideal flight......wouldn't that be great. In the meantime I'm ducking for cover.....